full consultation from £50 (remedial work may vary)
What to expect at a consultation
Please have your horse in, ready and clean on my arrival. Hard standing is required for me to work safely and achieve a good trim. A consultation usually takes about an hour but can take longer if specific issues are identified.
- I will meet and greet you and your horse. We will discuss everything from what you do with your horse, plans for the future, diet, environment and veterinary history.
- I will then take photos of your horses feet and ask you to walk and trot your horse up for me.
- If needed, I will trim and rebalance the feet and can remove shoes if necessary.
- I will then ask to see your horse walk and trot again before taking some more photos and notes.
- I’m also happy to help with boot fitting and advice.
- We will discuss your horses hoof health, any problems and how to treat them.
- Sometimes, it can be a lot of information to remember so I will write a visit report and email it to you after the visit.
I cover a 25 mile radius of where I live in King’s Someborne.